· KA.1: Recognize responsibilities of being a student worker in school.
· KC.1: Identify areas of interest.
· KC.2: Develop awareness of careers in the community.
· KP.1: Recognize and appreciate one s unique abilities.
· KP.2: Identify and understand the meaning of various feeling words.
· KP.3: Develop awareness of empathy.
· KP.4: Distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate behavior in school.
· KP.5: Use appropriate communication skills to ask for help when needed.
· 1A.1: Develop skills and positive work habits (including task completion) to successfully
meet school requirements.
· 1A.2: Understand that mistakes are essential to the learning process.
· 1A.3: Understand the importance of goal setting.
· 1C.1: Develop an understanding of roles and contributions of workers in school, home, and
· 1C.2: Identify personal skills, abilities, and interests in the areas of academic, career, and
· 1P.1: Describe how to express feelings in constructive ways (i.e. I statements. ).
· 1P.2: Develop an awareness of the importance of personal safety (i.e. Know telephone
number, home address, emergency contact information, Stranger Danger).
· 1P.3: Identify situations requiring adult professional help.
· 2A.1: Develop awareness of goal-setting steps.
· 2A.2: Recognize the relationship between goal setting and accomplishing work.
· 2A.3: Work independently to achieve academic success.
· 2A.4: Identify and utilize test-taking skills.
· 2C.1: Learn about the variety of traditional and non-traditional occupations in a changing
· 2C.2: Identify resource people in the school and community and understand how to seek
· 2P.1: Identify forms of communication (e.g., listening, speaking, body language, etc.).
· 2P.2: Develop awareness of individual differences.
· 2P.3: Define friend and describe what is meant by friendship.
· 2P.4: Recognize how personal behavior affects group dynamics.
· 2P.5: Recognize peer pressure and bullying situations.
· 2P.6: Recognize different coping strategies to deal with situations.
· 3A.1: Set realistic short-term goals.
· 3A.2: Recognize the relationship between learning/achievement and personal effort.
· 3A.3: Identify and utilize study, organizational, and test-taking skills.
· 3A.4: Display a positive work ethic (persistence, self-motivation, punctuality, etc.).
· 3A.5: Identify how group participation contributes to learning.
· 3C.1: Demonstrate how a positive outlook regarding self, education and work enhances
potential and increases productivity.
· 3C.2: Recognize that skills, abilities, and interests are considerations in the choice of careers.
· 3C.3: Understand that jobs with similar characteristics may be grouped as job families or
· 3P.1: Identify different modes of interpersonal communication (verbal, non-verbal).
· 3P.2: Positively communicate thoughts, feelings, and needs to others in a variety of
· 3P.3: Demonstrate and accept responsibility for individual behavior and how it affects
· 3P.4: Demonstrate self-control.
· 3P.5: Demonstrate how to communicate positively in a conflict situation.
· 3P.6: Explain the skills needed to function effectively in groups.
· 4A.1: Identify and describe how decision-making, problem-solving, and coping skills support
or interfere with academic achievement.
· 4A.2: Identify and utilize effective test-taking skills.
· 4A.3: Demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
· 4A.4: Understand how personal learning styles can impact school achievement.
· 4A.5: Explain the importance of lifelong learning.
· 4C.1: Identify hobbies and interests.
· 4C.2: Relate each step of the decision-making/problem-solving process to career
development (awareness, exploration, and preparation).
· 4P.1: Evaluate methods of expressing feelings.
· 4P.2: Identify and describe the steps in a decision-making/problem-solving process.
· 4P.3: Identify factors that influence personal decisions.
· 4P.4: Generate alternative solutions to problems and consider/evaluate consequences.
· 4P.5: Demonstrate the decision-making process.
· 4P.6: Recognize that different group members may have different opinions.
· 4P.7: Demonstrate different coping strategies for various situations and life changes.
· 4P.8: Identify factors that impact personal safety and well-being (i.e. substance abuse, etc.).
· 4P.9: Demonstrate self-reliance.
· 5A.1: Set realistic long-term goals.
· 5A.2: Apply personal learning style.
· 5A.3: Recognize the benefits of individual initiative and teamwork.
· 5C.1: Compile a list of personal abilities.
· 5C.2: Describe how personal strengths in school work affect future goals and career
· 5C.3: Understand that the changing workplace requires lifelong learning and acquiring new
· 5C.4: Acquire employability skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, and organization.
· 5C.5: Identify career choices through various means of exploration.
· 5C.6: Describe changes as inevitable and necessary to adapt to new situations, (e.g.,
· 5P.1: Describe how verbal and non-verbal behavior influence interpersonal relationships.
· 5P.2: Demonstrate how to communicate with others.
· 5P.3: Demonstrate appreciation and respect for similarities and differences in opinions.
· 5P.4: Describe strategies for getting along with others.
· 5P.5: Demonstrate how to disagree with others without provoking them.
· 5P.6: Demonstrate appropriate responses to ease a conflict situation.
· 5P.7: Demonstrate effective responses to peer pressure and bullying situations.
· 5P.8: Identify and analyze group dynamics in a variety of situations.